ICOLD AUSTRIA 2018 is planned to be a green event!
Do you think about energy efficiency? Do you engage in the social field - for example, in your immediate environment? Or do you already use paper-bound (TCF) paper for your office work? Social responsibility and sustainability in actions are an essential part of today's companies. This is no longer "just" about the commitment of individuals or the "big". We - that is, each one of us - should take responsibility for the environment and society.
What does "Green Meeting" mean?
In order to contribute to environmental protection and sustainability, the ICOLD Congress is striving to meet the criteria of the Austrian Environmental Label for "Green Meetings". "Green Meetings" are characterized by increased energy efficiency, waste prevention and environmentally friendly arrival and departure of guests and visitors. Specifically, this means:
- Regional and organic food and drink;
- Easy access to the location by public transport and by bicycle (public transportation ticket from 1-7 July 2018 is included in the every fee);
- Less event prints - and these are printed exclusively on TCF paper;
- Checking suppliers for energy consumption and waste management system;
- Waste separation on site.
Your contact person in case of questions regarding the "Green Meeting": Mag. (FH) Sascha Tretenahan, Austria Center Vienna